Supplier of Premium Ingredients to the Food, Nutritional & Personal Care Industries
Innovations for Advanced Nutrition
Bio-gen Extracts is a manufacturer of advanced, scientifically-backed health ingredients catering to global regulatory & consumer requirements. Our goal is to set higher standards in terms of safety, quality, traceability & transparency of our ingredients, while customizing them to solve complex challenges faced by our customers. With this focus, we continue on our quest to provide an opportunity to everyone in the world to Choose Good Health™.
Nutralliance is proud to be partnered with Bio-gen to act as their exclusive North American sales representative. With the development of programs such as the Seed-to-Drum transparency for the Lute-gen™ Lutein and their numerous certifications (ISO, Kosher, Halal, HACCP and OHSAS), this partnership allows our customers to rest assured that they are receiving the highest quality carotenoids and specialty ingredients.
Developed with a vision for your future
- Derived from Marigolds
- Oil/Powder forms
- Esters and Free
- DMF documented
- Seed to Drum transparency
Lute-gen® (Lutein Free & Lutein Ester) & Zea-gen® (Zeaxanthin) are both derived from the Tagetes erecta species of Marigold flowers under a unique seed-to-drum program in which the supply chain is vertically integrated, thereby offering complete traceability and transparency of the entire process.
Lutein & Zeaxanthin are well-known carotenoids that support the eye against age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Bio-gen Extracts has developed Lute-gen® with a Vision for your Future, thereby pushing the boundaries of Lutein beyond eye health.
An in-vitro study was performed in Spain to determine the protective effect of Lute-gen® on human-adult primary fibroblast cells under oxidative stress conditions, where Lute-gen® demonstrated more than 30% protection when compared to untreated cells, thereby establishing the potential of Lute-gen® in the area of healthy-ageing.
A randomized, double-blind, parallel, placebo-controlled study was conducted to assess the impact of supplementation of Lute-gen® on Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD) over 180 days on 93 healthy adult subjects. The study demonstrated significantly higher MPOD values in subjects consuming Lute-gen® (10 mg Lutein + 2 mg Zeaxanthin isomers) compared to the baseline, while the placebo did not show any difference. Higher MPOD values may reduce the risk of various eye diseases, especially late forms of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), and could protect the ocular cells against oxidative damage and blue light.
Natural Beta Carotene
- Derived from Blakeslea trispora
- Oil/Powder/Beadlet forms
- Cold Water Soluble/Dispersible
- A range of potencies to suit any formula
Versatile antioxidants for overall health & well-being
Beta Caro-gen® is Bio-gen’s Natural Beta-Carotene produced by fermentation of a naturally occurring fungus called Blakeslea trispora.
Beta Caro-gen® in powder or beadlet form consists of purified Beta-Carotene crystals uniformly dispersed in a matrix of a suitable natural carrier to produce red to reddish-brown free flowing particles that are cold water dispersible. The product is also available in oil form, and consists of Beta-Carotene crystals suspended in sunflower oil.
Ultra Caro-gen® is a proprietary ingredient of Natural Mixed Carotenoids containing Alpha-Carotene, Beta-Carotene & Xanthophylls. This product is also available in oil & cold water dispersible powder form.
PAVING THE WAY TO WOMEN'S HEALTH
- Menopausal Health
- Bone Health
- Cardiovascular Health
There is a growing need for an alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and to develop natural solutions for helping menopausal women. Soy Isoflavones are a promising alternative to HRT and have been studied extensively for their potential to help alleviate the symptoms of menopause.
Isoflavones are classified as phytoestrogens — plant-derived compounds with estrogenic
activity, and include Daidzein, Genistein & Glycitein. Of these, Daidzein & Genistein are seen as the major components with clinically evidenced health benefits, while Glycitein does not show any such evidence.
Bio-gen Extracts manufactures OptiFlavone™, Soy Isoflavones 40% which is standardized for Daidzein & Genistein.
FenuLean® is a debitterized and defatted ingredient derived from Fenugreek seeds (Trigonella foenum-graecum). Fenugreek seeds are extremely bitter and not catered to the global palette.
FenuLean® is manufactured using a patent-pending process that completely eliminates the bitterness of the product while improving its palatability and retaining its intrinsic beneficial components for weight management and overall gut-health.
An 18 subject cross-over study was conducted where FenuLean® was consumed by the subjects in 5g & 10g dosages. Satiety, hunger & fullness were recorded before & after consumption of FenuLean®, and the product proved to maintain the satiety level of individuals for more than 3 hours.
To further validate the efficacy & safety of FenuLean®, a 100 subject parallel study was conducted where the same dosages were administered to the subjects and compared against a control group for appetite scores, changes in body-weight, BMI, blood glucose & serum insulin levels. Both dosages of FenuLean® showed statistically significant improvements in terms of reduced appetite, decrease in weight & BMI while maintaining the blood glucose & serum insulin levels.
All around Wellness & Protection
ThymoPure®, our Nigella sativa extract standardized to Thymoquinone offers a unique solution with potential benefits in immunomodulatory function, immunopotentiation, lymphocytes & cytokine production.
ThymoPure® is available as Nigella sativa Powder 2.5% Thymoquinone and Nigella sativa Oil 5% Thymoquinone with applications in softgel capsules, hardgel capsules, tablets, gummies and beverages.
ThymoPure® is a clean-label, solvent-free extract of Nigella sativa standardized to Thymoquinone. Nigella sativa (black caraway, also known as black cumin, nigella, kalojeere and kalonji) is traditionally used in its seed form as a spice in Indian, Middle Eastern & Polish cuisines. It is an annual flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south & southwest Asia.
Nigella sativa also contains linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid and trans-anethole along with aromatics like thymoquinone, dihydrothymoquinone, p-cymene, carvacrol, a-thujene, thymol, a-pinene, f3-pinene and trans-anethole.
There have been several studies conducted over the years that explored the efficacy and potential of Nigella sativa and Thymoquinone. Some of these are summarized below:
- TQ reduces oxidative stress and increasing chemokinesis, chemotaxis, phagocytic activity, antibody levels and hemagglutination of immunoglobulins as well as reduces serum malondialdehyde (MDA) levels and hepatic enzymes (1).
- TQ can potentially be employed in the development of effective therapeutic agents towards the regulation of immune reactions implicated in various infectious and non-infectious conditions (2).
- TQ intra-peritoneally was found to be about 90% preventive and 50% curative in chronic relapsing encephalomyelitis (EAE) due to its antioxidant effect (3).
- TQ has an anti-inflammatory effect during the allergic response in the lungs through the inhibition of PGD2 synthesis and Th2-driven immune response (4).
- TQ has shown to inhibit inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin-1 and 6 and the transcription factor NF-κB, therefore, having potential as an anti-osteoporotic agent (5).
- Nigella sativa could reduce the presence of nasal mucosal congestion, nasal itching, runny nose, sneezing attacks, turbinate hypertrophy, and mucosal pallor during the first 2 weeks (6).
- TQ prevented DEP-induced decrease of systolic blood pressure and leucocytosis, increased IL-6 concentration and decreased plasma SOD activity (7).
- TQ may reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure by over 10% in people with elevated blood pressure over a six week supplementation period (8).
(1) Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets. 2018;18(1):52-60
(2) Int Immunopharmacol. 2015 Sep;28(1):295-304
(3) Biomed Sci Instrum. 2009; 45():274-9
(4) Immunol Lett. 2006 Jul 15; 106(1):72-81
(5) Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012; 2012():696230
(6) Am J Otolaryngol. 2011 Sep-Oct; 32(5):402-7
(7) Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Dec; 164(7):1871-82
(8) Food Sci Nutr Res. 2020; 3(1): 1-5
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
(844) 410-1400 - Toll Free